For our simple recipes, we like to keep them robust yet authentic. We limit ourselves to simply eight ingredients for you to hunt down, barring from everyday essentials such as oil, salt, pepper, sugar and water.
One of the most popular noodle dishes in Thailand, pad see ew is the perfect dish for a quick weekday dinner. Compared to pad thai, pad see ew typically uses wider flat noodles which are available in most Asian groceries store. Substitute the chicken in the recipe for pork, beef or seafood to your preferences.
Ingredients (serves 4)
150g flat rice noodles (soaked 15 mins, drain well)
4tbs dark soy sauce
2tbs light soy sauce
1tbs oyster sauce
1tbs fish sauce
2 eggs (beaten)
200g chicken thigh (cut into bite-sized pieces)
200g broccoli, if using (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1) Mix rice noodles in a bowl with dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and season generously with black pepper.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Fry eggs till cooked, set aside.
3) Add another 2 tablespoons of oil in wok, add chicken and fry till cooked, set aside.
4) Add another 2 tablespoons of oil in wok, add noodles and fry till separated.
5) Add egg and chicken, half a tablespoon of sugar and stir fry till vegetables are cooked.
6) Divide up into 4 plates, serve with lime wedges and chilli flakes.